Values and Principles
Statement of Values and Principles
At Forest Lake, we believe that our beautiful surroundings are only the beginning of what we provide each camper. We look to nurture each camper’s experience which begins with the way we treat the campers and each other. Here are some of the things we live by:
- The Camper. WE ALWAYS put the Camper first.
- We will seek out opportunities for the Camper to achieve independence and to grow as a person.
- We will assure each Camper’s happiness.
- We will offer a wide variety of programs, activities and experiences, reflective of the diverse set of interests held by our Campers.
- We will encourage our Campers to try and to reach.
- We will maintain a warm, kind, safe, nurturing environment.
- We will recognize the importance of counselors as role models, assuring they conform to the highest standards of integrity and behavior.
- We will encourage strong personal relationships between Camper and counselor, and friendships among Campers.
- We will seek improvement in all we do.
- We will maintain the physical beauty of our setting.
We believe that by adhering to these principles, when a camper departs at the end of a session, it will be evident to our parents that:
- He/she is more self-confident in new situations.
- He/she has grown as a leader.
- He/she has become more independent.
- He/she has more friends.
- He/she is more physically fit.
- He/she is more self-reliant.
- He/she has acquired new interests.
- He/she has refined previously held skills.
- He/she leaves with a sense of accomplishment.