Schedule your next family reunion, wedding, school group, photo shoot or business retreat at Forest Lake Camp, nestled in the majestic Southern Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. Our gorgeous, natural setting and authentic Adirondack facilities offer a unique and unforgettable destination for your retreat. We are a traditional Adirondack overnight summer camp and our facilities are generally available to rent from May 21 to June 21 and Aug 20 to Oct 1.
Forest Lake Camp sits on just over 800 acres at the southern end of the Adirondack Park in New York. From various locations on camp, you can see a good portion of the southern Adirondack peaks and Vermont’s Green Mountains, all in our "backyard". We also have our very own, private, spring fed lake with over 20 miles of private woodland trails and mountain bike paths.
Forest Lake has exceptional staff, who are available to lead activities, provide leadership training and can tailor programs to meet the needs of your group.
Family Camp Week
If you are a family looking for a wonderful all inclusive vacation for the entire family (or groups of families), you may want to consider our Family Camp Week, usually held the third week in August every summer.
For the past several years FLC has been the premiere location for an Adirondack style destination wedding.
We are extremely flexible and have purposefully not created a cookie cutter approach to anyones big day. Whether you want to get married on the water, on top of Look Out Mountain or in the middle of a field with the mountains all around you we will make it happen for you the way you want. We help you create a magical experience for your guests of all ages and create a weekend that nobody will ever forget, including a Friday night welcome BBQ and campfire, a fun and active Saturday with an afternoon wedding and evening reception, and finally a late Sunday breakfast for guests as they pack up.
For more information about renting FLC for a wedding weekend (including prices and catering info) email email@example.com or call 518-623-4771. Click here for additional contact information.
- Confer Pavilion – Completed in 2013, the Confer Pavilion is a covered, but open-air pavilion which provides both an indoor sports experience as well as a perfect venue for a reception or other large functions. The Confer Pavilion also has a stage for dancing, bands and performances.
- Adirondack Style Cabins – Our stone and wood cabins provide comfortable, yet rustic living for your group and can sleep between 6 and 14 per cabin. Each cabin has a full bathroom, electricity, and many have decorative old field stone fireplaces.
- Mess Hall – our eating hall has a full commercial kitchen and comfortably seats between 100-200 guests depending on configuration.
- Climbing Walls – We have two climbing walls at FLC. Our smaller wall is about 30’ tall and offers first time climbers the opportunity to test their nerves and learn the basics of climbing. Our second wall is over 50’ tall, has three sides to climb, and even introduces overhang climbing to our more advanced climbers.
- Athletic Fields – Our vast property is perfect for the sports enthusiast. Sports facilities include 2 fields perfect for soccer, lacrosse, field hockey or rugby, 2 baseball/softball fields, 2 basketball courts, a street hockey rink, tennis courts and vast areas of grass just to make up your own games. We also have a golf area with a driving range/net.
Our waterfront offers swimming, rowboats, funyaks, canoes, fishing, kayaks, sailboats (Sunfish and Lasers), as well as waterskiing and white water rafting off our camp property. Our private 23 acre, spring fed lake has a completely natural 1.5 mile shoreline broken only by the camp’s sandy beach, beach volleyball court, and dock system. Waterskiing is a half day excursion to Daggett Lake (about 20 minutes) where you can learn to ski, tube and enjoy the day. White Water Rafting is a hugely popular event where as a family or group you can experience the rapids of the Sacandaga River with our own experienced guide.
Our Music center is well equipped with guitars, drums, keyboards and various other fun instruments. Come practice a song for campfire or just come and try to learn a new instrument.
Archery and Rifle
FLC is equipped with an Archery range where up to 8 guests can shoot at a time. We also have a rifle range where our veteran instructor teaches the proper safety and shooting techniques to our campers 7 and up. Further we have a trap shooting range where guests 12 and older can try their hand at shotgun shooting clay ‘pigeons.’
Trails and Campsites
At FLC we have miles of trails across our 823 acres. Beautiful views can be seen on top of Look Out Mountain or test your endurance by climbing Vampire Mountain. If you are inclined you can test your GPS skills by trying to find ‘Lost Lake’, or simply go for a peaceful stroll around Forest Lake. For the adventurous you are welcome to sign out one of our 4 mountain cabins or lean-tos for an overnight stay in the wilderness and we will even pack you your dinner to cook over the open flame and ensure wood is ready for your campfire.
Science & Arts/Crafts
At FLC we have both a science center as well as an arts & crafts building. Our Science Center offers the opportunity to explore nature with microscopes and telescopes, examine butterflies and frogs caught earlier that day or perhaps build and launch a model rocket. In our arts and crafts building kids and adults alike love to make jewelry, learn to make a bowl with our pottery wheel or paint a picture to display in their cabin.
About a 30-minute hike on the other side of our lake we have a beautiful nature center in the middle of the woods. Here our Trips Director will speak to you about the Adirondack vegetation as well as the animal life that abounds. There is a BBQ and fire pit here as well, making it a wonderful place for an overnight under the stars.
For facility rental and catering service information and reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-623-4771 Click here for additional contact information.